That whole 21 day fix thing...

6:54 PM

So all the sudden here we are at a new month! The last month of the year 2015 and I find myself asking how on earth that went so fast?

So last year around this time I was on my journey with the 21 day fix. It was amazing and really did change my life in a wonderfully healthy and encouraging way.

People I have never felt so wonderful in my life.

I did two rounds and honestly-I did not even do them perfectly! The first round I was all into the excercise and did not do perfect on the nutrition piece. I lost one pound and 6.5 inches in 21 days. Not only that but I felt stronger and more confident.

Then my foot went out on me.

The second round I could not excercise. At all. So I was almost as perfect as I could be with the nutrition aspect. 21 days later I lost almost 8 lbs and 5.5 inches!!

It was amazing!


Then life began to happen. Stress began to build. I allowed excuses to take over and all the sudden I found myself falling back into my old habits of turning to food instead of God.

Binging.

There I said it. I really really struggle with making food my idol and looking to that for comfort and fulfillment instead of the Lord. 

Does it make sense? Nope. Not really. And yet I continue to struggle with my addiction to food.

Then I got pregnant. Surprise! I thought that having a baby growing inside of me would help-but honestly-when there was a few months time of insanely stressful things (life Gram passing away)  that I could not control-my turning to food for comfort got more out of control then it has ever been in my entire life.

I got embarrassed but continued to hide. I did not want anyone to know and honestly-I was too ashamed to let people know.

The plus side of being pregnant is you can camouflage weight gain a lot easier for a lot longer. 

But the last week of November I realized how out of control I really was. And it scared me. 

Because I know that I am not making healthy choices for myself and that truly does effect those around me.

So, I decided to make a change.

Starting with getting things back on track with the Lord and my eating habits.

I also believe in accountability. Is it embarrassing to write and admit I totally fell of the band wagon these last few months? Uh, yes.

But I believe in the power of my God and the importance of accountability. 

So what are my goals for December?

Glad you asked! :)

  1. Do the 21 day fix nutrition program (I upped my calories a bracket because of my pregnancy and have done a lot of research it is totally safe for the baby). Basically-I will be eating good, clean food and ALOT of it!
  2. I will not be eating deserts. Do I believe deserts are wrong? Absolutely not! But for me personally-the just one turns into oh look I ate the whole bag. So I am cutting it. 
  3. Work out at least five days a week for 1/2 an hour. I love Leslie Sansone and her walking dvds! They are low impact but I really do get a work out in! And they are safe for the baby. Plus I own like, ten dvds so need to get going on those!
My goal is NOT to lose weight. Instead, I want to, with God's help, break some very bad habits when it comes to my relationship with food. I also want to be healthy. For me and my family! 

So there you are-my big secret I was too ashamed to write about for an entire year! I will be posting more frequent updates and recipes on my facebook page so if you would like more frequent updates head on over and hit like! :)

So what about you? Do you ever feel so embarrassed about something you would rather hide it then let people know you struggle? Does it make you feel better when people are vulnerable about their struggles so you do not feel like you are all alone in yours?

What are your favorite things to do health wise? Do you have suggestions for exercising with kiddos around? I would love to hear them!








You Might Also Like

0 Thoughts

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :) I would love it if you would leave your thoughts! I will try to reply back with a comment as soon as I can so check back when you can especially if you have questions! :)

Please keep everything honoring to the Lord Jesus Christ (language, etc...) and appropriate for everyone :)

May the Lord richly bless you! Thanks for commenting :)

recent posts