It's your due date8:00 AM
Today is your due date! April 12, 2012. I would love for you to come today baby!! I was saying last night how amazing it is that I have been pregnant for 40 straight weeks. That is a LONG time! But you know what baby boy? You are so worth it all.
Things have been getting more exciting the closer your arrival gets! Your Aunt Sarah, Aunt Abby, Aunt Jen and Uncle Matthew are all here from NY and super excited about when you will make your grand entrance into this world!
I love my sisters! Abby especially (in the middle) is SO EXCITED for you to arrive. She already calls you HER little man and she is going to spoil you I have the feeling :)
See that picture above? I am smiling but in reality I was hot and sweaty and miserable!!! :) Just you wait till your wife is 40 weeks pregnant and you will know what I mean. It has been really HOT here in Florida these last few days and since you are such a big boy it makes me feel warmer than ever! But you know what baby boy? You are so worth it! :)
See the dress I am wearing in that picture? The early/middle stages of pregnancy were fine for having a variety of outfits to pick from. Now-I swap two dresses back and forth. Why? Well, little man nothing else will fit over my belly! My midwife told me a few months back that I would want to wear a TENT and I didn't really know what she meant until now...literally the looser the better! I am so excited to have you and to be able to pick some different outfits! :)
Daddy is already gone for work. He took Uncle Matt with him. You know what is funny? I just realized that I have an Uncle Matt and you have one as well but on your Daddy's side! That is neat! :)
People have been such a blessing these last few weeks baby boy! We have some amazing friends here in Florida!
The other day two of our friends made me a clothesline!! It is something I have wanted all my life! I always thought they looked so romantic (yes son, Mama is somewhat strange at times). :) I convinced your Daddy to take some pictures of the first load that got hung to dry:
|Daddy carrying out the first load!!! :)|
What a blessing that is! :) I love it! Truly, there are so many amazing little blessings the Lord gives us a long the way Elijah! It is so neat! I believe it is also so important to take note and be thankful for the little things in life!
Speaking of little blessings in life here are some from people that love you already so much baby boy:
- Miss Roanna (Pastor's wife) surprising me with a body pillow to help me sleep better
- Miss Alison coming and helping me clean the whole house and taking some of your clothes home to wash just so I did not have to.
- Mr. Larry coming and fixing the hole in your room (which you will not be sleeping in till you are a little bit older).
- Amazing encouragement from other mom's like my friend Julie and my friend Callie (from Through Clouded Glass) via facebook messages :)
- Your Daddy bringing me flowers
- Sisters and friends cooking a huge "thanksgiving dinner" last night (because Daddy and I did not make it to NY for thanksgiving this year).
- So many thoughts and prayers and encouragements from so many people
- Popcorn from Miss Pam
- Help from Miss Carolyn and lots of advice (she is a labor and delivery nurse which is awesome)
- Papa John and Grandma sending a ton of meat with the kids (fresh, natural and "home grown"
- An amazing birth calender from your Grandma Case :)
- Boxes in the mail from your Auntie Gretel and Edessa (who blogs here at A Flower For Mom's) with all sorts of goodies for Mama and baby :)
- Gifts sent from our church families back home with the kids
- The weather starting to cool down a little bit so Mama is more comfortable :)
- Watching a chick flick (well part of one) with my girls :)
- Having Katie be in Florida and able to visit :)
- Painting my nails
The list could just go on and on little one :) Truly I am amazed by how loved you already are Elijah! There are so many people who just can not wait to meet you!
So, if at all possible-the sooner you get here the better! :)
I love you so much Elijah boy and can hardly wait to meet you and hold you in my arms!