Learning to live a moment at a time

6:14 PM



We were thrilled when we found out that a second boy! Two times everything. Two times the children. Two times the joy. Two times the hugs and kisses. Two times the love.

While I have found that to be very true over the past almost seven months I have also found that there are a lot of other things that multiply by two.




Two times the exhaustion. Two times the stress. Two times the needs. Two times the training needed. Two times the exasperation. Two times the mess. Two times the tears.

And yet-I look at those two faces smiling up at me and my heart melts. For years my hearts desire was to be a wife and Mama and truly the Lord has given me the desire of my heart.

Is it the perfection that I thought it would be? Absolutely not!

Is every difficult moment worth it when those chubby arms wrap themselves around my neck and little fingers reach for my hair? Absolutely.


Perfection-something I seem to see all around me on Facebook, pinterest, blogs and instagram. I look and I compare and I grow discontent and lies begin to fester in my mind.

Just an example:

Lie: Well, her house is absolutely perfect all the time and no matter what I do I just can NOT catch up on mine-I am a failure.

Truth: Yes, her house may SEEM perfect all the time but I am sure there are times when it really is not perfect and who knows maybe she has children that are above two and can help do chores in a bigger capacity.

So, I struggle with keeping my house clean BUT I have been really working hard on DE cluttering and re-organizing and making sure that everything has its very own place. I am not there yet but Lord willing I will continue to grow and learn as time goes on.



I am realizing that life has many different seasons. This season of (still) adjusting to two sweet baby boys is hard and exhausting and leaves me in tears many times and YET-seasons change and I know that all too soon this season will be over and done and I will be missing these precious moments with my baby boys.

I can not do this with out the Lord. So many days so many things seem so absolutely impossible and yet I serve the God Who NOTHING is impossible for.

I am realizing that I need to turn to Him a little bit more and learn to rely on Him not week by week or day by day but moment by moment. Each and everyday looking to him for the strength to make an eternal difference in the life of my precious little boys.

Moment by moment with Jesus by my side seems a lot more doable then days and weeks and months without Him.

"Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  
For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 
Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life ? 
Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"
-Luke 12:22-26

What about you? Are there things you are learning about or dealing in your life that sometimes just seem so impossible? 

What are your favorite scriptures for when you are feeling overwhelmed with life? 



The Life Of Faith

You Might Also Like

6 Thoughts

  1. I'm among those people who struggle with seeing pictures of perfectly neat houses and crafty stuff and all that - those people usually also have kids and I don't even have kids yet, and still it seems like I can never keep up enough to do all the nice things on pinterest. BUT here's something I realized: It's not YOUR failure or anything you're doing wrong. It's the fact that either a) your house is small or b) you have too much stuff in your house. I used to live in a tiny one room studio and it was impossible to keep it clean and neat. Now I have a 2 room apartment and it's so much easier to keep up with the work despite the bigger size - and it WILL look much nicer with much less effort than my previous studio. That's because lots of stuff on little space will ALWAYS look messy no matter how hard you try. The only way to reach the point of little work/perfect house is a serious decluttering.
    What also helps (esp with kids) I have been told is the 60 seconds rule. "Whatever can be cleaned up/put away within 60 seconds must be done immediatly" and if the kid's room is really messy, make it a game: Set a timer to 60 seconds and have them "race" to see who can put away most toys during those 60 seconds (you can play as well and race them).
    Anyway, don't worry. A neat and clean house at all times is more than just "keeping up with the housework". It's also decluttering regularly (but ofc you can't just throw out everything you need), it's having time for crafty projects and yes, it is also a financial factor. No matter what pinterest says: Crafty projects are NOT inexpensive - they only are if you already have a lot of craft materials and tools - and those are very pricy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serafina :)

      Thank you so much for your encouragement! I totally agree with De Cluttering oh my goodness! lol :) We are in a transition stage in our life and I have been getting rid of SO much stuff and WOW what a difference :)

      Also I am going to try the 60 seconds rule what a great idea! Thanks for sharing :) Blessings!

      Katy

      Delete
  2. At the end of the day you have to pick your battles, and decide what is really important - your children's emotional well-being or an immaculate house!!!! Like, realistically we ALL have messy houses and we just have to go with the flow.
    I have started a new routine of just concentrating on one room a week, and rotating through them all throughout the year, and I have found that this has made me more conscious of how little time it takes to keep things in a neater state. Does that make sense? Like, making the effort even if you are tired to sweep that floor or pick up the mess really only takes two minutes and can make SUCH a huge difference!
    Fav verses for when I am overwhelmed? My mother (called Home in 2008) used to have Isaiah 40 verse 31 on her wall - verses 28-31 are brilliant for a mother of young kids I think!
    Keep it up!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO true Betsy :) Thank you so much for sharing :) That is a really good idea with the one room a week! I love to time myself as I clean and it really is amazing what you can accomplish in a VERY short time! :)

      LOVE those verses! What a great reminder to start my day :)

      Hope you have a blessed day :)
      Katy

      Delete
  3. I do not have two adorable rambunctious boys to work around, but my back injury does make keeping my house clean very difficult. Its hard not to feel so guilty about my house....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really hard...remember though that the enemy is the one that wants you feeling guilty though and that guilt does not come from the Lord. Love you! HHugs!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :) I would love it if you would leave your thoughts! I will try to reply back with a comment as soon as I can so check back when you can especially if you have questions! :)

Please keep everything honoring to the Lord Jesus Christ (language, etc...) and appropriate for everyone :)

May the Lord richly bless you! Thanks for commenting :)

recent posts