21 day fix update and Micah turns ONE!

4:02 PM

Hey all! SO I have been so busy and I apologize for that! My sister is getting married this Saturday and then my best friend is getting married three weeks later and I am in both weddings so we have had bridal showers and bachelorette parties and other busyness like that! :)


We had a family lunch for Micah's FIRST birthday this past Sunday and were together as a family for the first time in a long time!




It is just amazing to me that Abby is getting married and moving to OHIO! I am so beyond excited for her and Josh though and can't wait to see what God has in store for them in this next chapter in their life!


Gram came for lunch as well and we had so much fun together :) We also finally got a picture with her which was something I had been wanting for awhile!

It has been SUCH a blessing having her in our home! She adores the boys and it is so neat for me to see them interacting! It is also really nice having an adult for me to interact with on a daily basis :)


Speaking of interact-did I mention my baby is now ONE!? Yeah not sure where the time went...he is such a character! He is into EVERYTHING! I can barely keep up with him! So much fun to see him growing and changing everyday!

So now for the moment of truth:

How did the 21 day fix go? I finished my first round and wow!


The 21 day fix for me is definitely going to be a lifestyle change and because of that I don't even think of it as 21 days since it is just going to continue on! I am amazed at the transforming that the Lord has done in my heart and mind! In 20 days I have worked out for 30 minutes each day, lost one pound and 6.5 inches! I def would have seen more of a difference in pounds but did not really follow the eating plan all that well and STILL saw a huge difference! 

So next goal: CONTINUE TO EXERCISE (not missing a day!) and STICK WITH THE EATING PLAN! Honestly, the first round I really struggled with the clean eating.

 I turn to food for comfort (I talk more about that here) and I still struggle with that! I lost 6.5 inches with pretty much just the exercise but I KNOW I could have had even better results if I was turning to the Lord instead of food on the stressful days. 

So today was my fresh start-again, this is a lifestyle change-I am still struggling to find balance in the area of food but so thankful for the transforming work the Lord has already done and how my mindset it starting to change!

So excited to see what the next 21 days bring!! I will definitely keep you updated! :)



You Might Also Like

8 Thoughts

  1. That is AWESOME!! You did so great!!! Can you tell us more about what you thought about the work outs? did you get bored?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie! Thank you so much! I actually did not get tired of the workouts because there is a 30 minute work out for each day of the week so in the 21 days you only did each workout 3 times :) It was so neat to see my strength changing each time as well so I did not get bored :)

      Delete
  2. Way to go! It's amazing what 21 days can do, isn't it?

    And thanks for sharing the family photos - the one of your family with your Gram is just amazing! What a blessing to have her in your home.

    Merry Christmas,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! It is such a blessing to have her in our home! :) We love it! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!! :)

      Delete
  3. Seriously Katie - that difference is EXTREMELY NOTICEABLE on the pictures. I saw the first picture and thought oh my I have to comment on it.
    As for the pounds - keep in mind that muscle is heavier than fat. So you lose inches but not pounds, because the muscle builds through working out, and that lets you lose inches, but you're not getting lighter because increased muscle is just as heavy as fat, but it takes up less space ;) But that doesn't matter, in my opinion, don't worry about the pounds. You look very healthy and I can totally tell that you look more "defined" (you know what I mean?). I am SO HAPPY this is working for you!! Keep going!
    I'd also like to hear how you dealt with the workouts, how you fit them into your schedule, how you kept yourself motivated, etc etc!
    Thank you for being such a role model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Serafina for your encouraging words!! :) I actually ended up doing my workouts at night after the boys went to sleep and honestly looked forward to it especially after stressful days lol! As for motivation this blog and my facebook page has kept me motivated just know others are watching! I am starting a new thing January 5th that I am excited about as a motivation tool and can't wait to let you all know more about it! BLessings!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE these photos! Especially of your family in front of the tree! It is just too cute. And congrats on your progress, and on Abby's wedding!! My little brother got married in January too!

    Love, Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :) I would love it if you would leave your thoughts! I will try to reply back with a comment as soon as I can so check back when you can especially if you have questions! :)

Please keep everything honoring to the Lord Jesus Christ (language, etc...) and appropriate for everyone :)

May the Lord richly bless you! Thanks for commenting :)

recent posts