Life Changing

2:19 PM



Hello 2015!

Ok so I know that I have been missing in action BUT I just had my sisters wedding and my best friends wedding in a three week time period and I was in BOTH! That is my excuse and I am sticking to it ;)

Now that the weddings are over I feel like I can finally relax a bit and start to get into more of a schedule. Which means you should be hearing more from me!

So 2014.

Done.

What a year! One word to sum it up?

Life-changing.

This past year was probably one of the most life changing years I have ever experienced from beginning to the end!

Biggest change?

Our marriage.

On the outside for the first three years of our marriage we looked like we had it all together. But on the inside-not so much.

March of 2014-our second son is three months old. We are still living in our apartment. I am discouraged and have really started turning to food and movies to escape my reality. Jason and I seem to be growing farther and farther apart.


God intervenes.

After the hardest week of our life, deep soul searching, 30 plus hours of counseling, God breaking down strongholds in both of our lives and so many tears-our marriage is reborn.

Like seriously-it was like I woke up and saw my husband in a completely new way.

God is amazing.

There were so many times that week that I felt like there was absolutely no hope for us. I wondered how God could ever turn our marriage around. I wondered if we would ever have the marriage I longed for.

Did you know that our God loves to take the seemingly impossible and make it possible?

Since then God has done some amazing things!

Jason and I are falling in love all over again and we give all the glory and honor to our Lord.

Things have not been perfect.

Things have not been easy.

But oh have they been worth it in every single way.

When you get married part of your vows are "for better or worse".  I think that so often today so many of us just think that life will just be full of better and worse will just never come about. That is not true. Life is a journey and there are high mountains and low valleys. It is in the valley's that the decisions that we make really count.

Today I look at our marriage and see two imperfect people that have a wonderful, merciful Savior. Jesus has changed our life and now more then ever I see how marriage truly is a picture of Christ and the church.

No. Life is not perfect.

We have our good days.

We have our bad days!

But gone is the bondage-there is so much freedom in Christ on both our parts!

We have began to live again.

Truly live.

Truly love.



This is my new favorite picture of us taken during our family Christmas 2014. The quality is not the best but that is not what I see when I look at it.

Love.

Joy.

Grace.

The power of forgiveness on both our parts.

God is truly the God of the impossible!

What about you? Have you had something life-changing happen this year? I would love to hear about it!

You Might Also Like

3 Thoughts

  1. I love seeing the peace you both have in the second picture. Thank you for sharing this post! :-) Life-changing describes my 2014 as well - it's amazing how God brings you to your knees before Him over and over and it is never as a punishment, only as an instrument of grace. :-)
    Joy Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! :) It is completely amazing how God works!!! :) He is so good! Blessings :)

      Delete
  2. Justin and I have had less conflict between ourselves and more just dealing with circumstances in our marriage. Sometimes it literally feels like it is just the two of us trying to survive this very scary and crazy thing we call life. Occasionally we do have to talk about problems and repair them. It is awful to be in conflict with the one you love, but the repair time and healing after truly does build your bond stronger. Much love to you all! -Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :) I would love it if you would leave your thoughts! I will try to reply back with a comment as soon as I can so check back when you can especially if you have questions! :)

Please keep everything honoring to the Lord Jesus Christ (language, etc...) and appropriate for everyone :)

May the Lord richly bless you! Thanks for commenting :)

recent posts