When you just need some...

11:48 PM

Encouragement.

Have you ever been through a time in your life where you are just weary? Weary of trying and yet still being judged. Weary of ministering. Weary of not living up to the standard you feel you need to live up to? Weary of giving in to things that you know the Lord wants you to give up in order to spend more time with Him?

Weary.

I think that we all get weary.

But what do we do with that weariness? I find myself so often go to anything but the place that I KNOW I will find rest. People. Things. Activities.

Anything but Jesus.

I was reminded of that tonight as I was having a time of sweet fellowship with another women and she took my problem and discouragement-straight to Jesus in prayer.

I was reminded how I have not been going to Him for comfort but rather the internet (where I stay in contact with so many people that are so encouraging) which ,in and of itself, is not a bad thing but when it is priority of Jesus and my husband...not the right place to go.

So I am meditating on this verse tonight and tomorrow as I re-prioritize some things in my life:

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30
 
He is right there! Saying "Come to ME!" I want to start running to Him.
 
Who are you running to for encouragement? Is it something that will just give temporary satisfaction or the One who will give you TRUE rest?
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 Thoughts

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :) I would love it if you would leave your thoughts! I will try to reply back with a comment as soon as I can so check back when you can especially if you have questions! :)

Please keep everything honoring to the Lord Jesus Christ (language, etc...) and appropriate for everyone :)

May the Lord richly bless you! Thanks for commenting :)

recent posts